Hi what’s up? Desperate to try the latest version of Xposed Framework for Android 5.1 Lollipop, but unfortunately don’t know how to do so? Well no problems. We know that you might face some problems while installing the Xposed Framework on Android 5.1 Lollipop and so we will guide you for the same!
What is Xposed Framework?
So basically, what is Xposed Framework? Xposed Framework is a 3rd party application that can modify the system files without editing them..
Wait.! But how does Xposed Framework work?
Xposed Framework runs as soon as the Android is booted and while booting up, it hooks up with the files and makes the changes in the files.
I hope you got the concept of Xposed Framework. It saves the edits to the system files in memory and adds them up to the system files on boot.. Once you disable Xposed Framework, all changes will be undone. Easy, isn’t it?
Now you might ask what can Xposed Framework do to beatify your device or add more functions to it! Xposed Framework has got really cool modules which can add features like Multi Window, Change IMEI, Always expanded notification bar, Scroll to top button (for notification bar), etc.
So are you ready now to install Xposed Framework and enjoy the best features of Xposed Framework? Here we go with the tutorial! 😉
How To Install Xposed Framework on Android 5.1 or 5.0 Lollipop
- Download the Xposed Framework application for Lollipop from here.
- Open this page on XDA-Developers and search for the ZIP file which suits your Android version and Processor-
xposed-v75-sdk21-arm.zip (Normal devices)
xposed-v75-sdk21-arm64.zip (64-Bit, Next Gen Processors)
xposed-v75-sdk21-x86.zip (32-Bit, Intel Based processors)
xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip (Most of the devices)
xposed-v75-sdk22-arm64.zip (64-Bit, Next Gen Processors)
xposed-v75-sdk22-x86.zip (32-Bit, Intel Based Processor)
- Now you will finally have an APK file and another one, ZIP file.
- Install the Xposed Framework APK file just like a normal Android application.
- Reboot your Android phone to Custom Recovery. I used TWRP Recovery because it’s better than another recoveries, but you can use any.
- Tap on INSTALL on the TWRP recovery.
- Select the downloaded zip file for your processor (based on Android version. Remember?)
- It will take 10-20 seconds for the zip to flash on your Android phone.
- Once it has been completed, Reboot your device!
- Now your Android’s cache has been cleaned and so it will take some time to reboot.
Once done, you can download your favorite Xposed Modules and use them on your Lollipop device!
Still reading? Looks like you have some doubts. No problems! Just leave a comment below and I’ll help you out in your case to install Xposed Framework on your Lollipop Android phone. 🙂