I recently bought Moto G 3rd gen flipkart and was excited because I knew Moto G will get the Marshmallow as soon as possible, but however I didn’t expect that I would need to wait for this much time. I expected that it would take at most 5 days for Marshmallow for Moto G to come.. But lol, this didn’t happen and I was forced to unlock it’s bootloader and root off this device.
As of now I’m using CyanogenMod 12.1 nighties, but just today I saw that the Marshmallow build is out for the Moto G 3rd Gen..
Now if you have rooted your Moto G 3rd Gen then it obviously means that you know how to use the fastboot and yes it would be required along with the TWRP recovery on your phone.
Let’s now move on to the tutorial to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015 (3rd Gen) 🙂
How To Install MarshMallow (Android 6.0) on Motorola Moto G 2015 3rd Gen
This is a test build and SD Card, WiFi and Data are not working.
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM from here.
- Move it to your internal/external SD Card.
- Backup the data using TWRP (System, Data and boot partitions only).
- Now wipe Data, System, Cache, Boot partitions to make sure that we don’t face any bugs while flashing the ROM.
- Flash the ROM on your Moto G 2K15.
- Go to Reboot in TWRP and select Bootloader there because we will need to use it!!
- Download the boot image file from here.
- Now to flash it, run the following command in Command Prompt (make sure you download and place the file in the folder where you adb installed):
fastboot flash boot image-new-0.4.img
- Ayy, we have flashed the ROM and the ROM must be booting on your phone!! 😀
Problems while flashing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Moto G 2015? Do ask them in the official thread of this ROM on XDA Developers or you can simply shoot a comment below. 🙂