Remove TouchWiz OS– Though the new TouchWiz OS is smooth, but don’t you want to try new themes daily and change between them in just some seconds? With CyanogenMod ROMs, you cannot only download themes from Google Play Store (or from 3rd party apps), but also can apply them without a single reboot! Not only thing, AOSP or the pure Android OS is much faster than TouchWiz.
Material UI- So you think the UI of TouchWiz is better than Android? You are absolutely wrong. If you think so, then it looks like you have only used KitKat OS by Google. The new OS i.e., Lollipop is totally changed! All from notification bar to the key navigations buttons have been changed.
ART- If your phone lags on the TouchWiz UI and you are updating to CM 12 ROM just because of this, then you are doing it right. ART which was introduced in KitKat is now fully stable and it much powerful than the Dalvik RunTime. It not only saves your battery, but increases your device’s speed too.
There are many features which you’ll be getting with CM 12 ROM and let’s no more waste our time in reading them. Let’s move to the main tutorial quickly.
|Samsung Galaxy S5 Running On Android 5.0.2 Lollipop With CyanogenMod 12 ROM- Installation Tutorial|
How To Install CyanogenMod 12 On Samsung Galaxy S5
- First of all, get the CyanogenMod 12 ROM from XDA. Thanks to Temasek on XDA for porting this ROM to the S5.
- After downloading the ROM onto your phone, reboot it to custom recovery, say ClockWorkMod recovery.
- Follow this tutorial to make a backup of your current ROM.
- Choose Wipe data/factory reset option from ClockWorkMod recovery and do it.
- After you have wiped the data, select Choose the zip from sdcard option from CWM recovery and now hunt and choose your ROM (in .ZIP format). Confirm the flash!
- After the ROM has been flashed, select the first option i.e., Reboot system now to reboot your device to the ROM.